This article details how to download and install the standard NXP Yocto distribution onto the Maivin platform.
You should first be familiar with the NXP i.MX Yocto Project User's Guide as this article builds upon the information found within.
- 8GB or larger SD card and a device to write to the SD card from your computer.
- NXP Yocto for Maivin WIC image (downloads at the bottom of this article).
Use your favourite tool to load the contents onto an SD card, we suggest BalenaEtcher which works on many platforms.
Important: you must first un-compress the .bz2 image even when using tools which support this option directly as they have been observed to often fail to correctly un-compress.
Once the SD card is prepared you will insert it into the Maivin, instructions for installing the card are found in this article: Installing a micro SD Card.
First you must ensure the fdt_board variable is configured to maivin. If you get errors about invalid DTB it is likely because fdt_board is not correctly set to "maivin".
setenv fdt_board maivin
The following commands will tell u-Boot to boot from SD card (mmc1) instead of the internal flash (mmc2).
# interrupt u-Boot process to get a console prompt.
If you wish to have u-Boot prefer booting from the SD card, the following configuration changes are required. If you remove it the system will fallback to the internal flash partition until you again insert an SD card.
setenv bootcmd 'run bootcmd_mmc1'
NOTE: Some SD cards are known to have negotiation issues and cause auto-boot to fail or simply to never be detected. Contact us if you run into this issue and need further support.
DeepView AI Middleware
The Yocto BSP image comes pre-loaded with the DeepView AI Middleware: VisionPack. To get started refer to our VisionPack Examples. We also have our AI Application Zoo which will soon be supported on Maivin with a remote web interface.
- imx-image-multimedia-imx8mp-maivin.wic.bz2 (updated: 2022-10-04)
- Multimedia image includes GStreamer and DeepView VisionPack (including DeepViewRT).
- sha-256: 4a26fff4dbde62130c34560e21c0cf57112d57ad3cbe531acb1fc6c767bd6d06
- imx-image-full-imx8mp-maivin.wic.bz2 (updated: 2022-10-04)
- Full image include everything in Multimedia plus Qt, TensorFlow Lite, and NNStreamer.
- sha-256: d75c566a251e1db066f8ba64a7406a46734040b99f16ac7f0fae20044fe483da