How to update the firmware on the Micro AI Vision Sensor using the RS-485 serial port.
- New .hex firmware file
- Micro AI connected to PC using RS-485 Serial Adapter
- Serial Terminal open and communicating with the Micro AI Vision Sensor
- In the serial terminal, run the command “dfu”
- Press Y once in DFU mode open Command Prompt on the desktop by going to search and typing in “CMD”
- If a previous firmware upgrade failed, or invalid firmware was loaded and the serial console is not operation, the Micro AI Vision Sensor can be forced into DFU mode.
- Remove power from the device.
- Using a small pin or similar device, press the button located behind he hole in the bottom of the enclosure rear connector.
- While pressing the button, re-apply power. This will force the unit into bootloader upgrade mode.
- In command prompt navigate to the folder where the documents blhost.exe, rtcam.hex and blhost_upload.py are stored using the ‘cd’ command
- Run blhost_upload.py using:
python3 blhost_upload.py --com <COM#> --HEX <RTCAM.HEX FILE>
<COM#> - Com port for the RS-485 adapter
<RTCAM.HEX File> - filename of the new firmware to be loaded. Include the full name i.e. 'MicroFirmware.hex'
- Once entered the user is prompted if the board requires a firmware update or initial load
- Select firmware update and wait for the time mentioned by the script to compete the process
- Once Completed user may log on to the board with the updated firmware