This article describes how to benchmark various storage media on the Maivin platform.
- Torizon for Maivin (or Development Image).
- hdparm or sysbench (installed by default in 6.3.0+).
Choose the media to benchmark, common devices are listed.
- internal flash device /dev/mmcblk2 is mounted as / (root)
- SD card device /dev/mmcblk1 with user-defined mount point
For hdparm you only need to know the device name, benchmarking requires root access (sudo). Adjust device name for the device you wish to benchmark.
hdparm -tT /dev/mmcblk2
This should generate output such as this.
Timing cached reads: 2344 MB in 2.00 seconds = 1172.89 MB/sec
Timing buffered disk reads: 706 MB in 3.01 seconds = 234.78 MB/sec
How to run the sd_test.sh
- scp the script attached below to you board
- Give it executable permissions
chmod +x sd_test.sh
- To run in the background use
sudo ./sd_test.sh &